We now have an exciting new way to send a gift to a person in need…
Our virtual gift scheme enables you to select the age, gender and area of the world, of the person who will receive your shoebox or bag.
Your donation funds a gift that is packed full of useful and fun items by our local in-country teams. This scheme will also help support local economies in the countries where we work. In areas where we have a ‘Hands of Dorcas’ tailoring project, fabric bags or backpacks may be made by trainees to pack gifts in.
Please see individual virtual gifts details but generally your shoebox or bag will include items such as:
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, flannel, comb, hair bobbles.
- Clothing: socks, t-shirts, hats, scarves, Babygro for little ones.
- Stationery: pens, pencils, crayons, notebooks, colouring books, calculator, maths set.
- Toys: cuddly toys, ball, skipping rope, puppets.
- Other: plastic bowl, cup, cutlery, for adults a sewing kit or shaving kit.
Click the button below to get started. You can either select the continent you would like to send a gift to, or you can choose to send a virtual shoebox wherever it is most needed!
Thank you very much to everyone who has donated for a ‘Virtual Shoebox’!
This video shows the first of these gifts, funded by donations from supporters in the UK and packed by the team in Ukraine, being given out at a Christmas service at Soborna (Unity) Church.