Paid vacancy for an experienced van driver We are looking for a van driver for our Chorley Furniture Store to join our friendly team t and make a difference for people living in poverty. Must be over 25 and have a clean driving license. Pop in for a chat with …
Our strap line “Christian Compassion for a Hurting World” describes every aspect of our ministry and drives the way in which we seek to provide public benefit in every area in which we work.
We provide direct financial and in-kind relief; but our aim is to pursue projects which facilitate self-help and sustainable improvements to quality of life in order to break the chain of being born into poverty. We do this by modelling the practical and spiritual Gospel of Jesus Christ through:
- Providing life’s basic essentials for those with nothing.
- Providing respite holidays for needy children, including Christian teaching, medical checks and treatment, physical exercise, good fun and motivation to build their hope for a better future.
- Providing direct financial aid for basic food, shelter and medical needs to individuals and families in extreme poverty.
- Providing and supporting foster homes for small groups of rescued homeless children where they can be cared for and taught life skills in a Christian environment.
- Shipment of humanitarian aid to communities, hospitals and individuals in many parts of the world.
- Vocational training via self-help projects.
- Evangelism and Church-Planting.
- Practical help through gifts in kind to needy families and individuals in the UK.
- Training and mentoring in warehousing skills at our Headquarters.
VISION & VALUES
A world where all people have access to the practical and spiritual aid they need in order to live fulfilling lives; that they will see and know that God loves them.
To turn despair to hope by showing Christian love in action, by providing food, clothing, medical aid, employment training, children’s holiday camps, pastor training, shoebox gifts and more.
- Christian – Jesus said, ‘Love one another as I have loved you.’
- Compassionate – loving a hurting world
- Collaborative – working with other charities, businesses, schools, churches, social services and other partners to achieve much more than we would individually
- Creative – being resourceful by recycling and improvising, to ensure that each item we receive is put to good use.
Our Latest News
We look forward to welcoming you back to our charity shops! Most shops open Monday 12th April, Tuesday 13th April Carnforth and Chorley general (Market Street) shops will reopen, and Benllech shop, Anglesey will reopen on Monday 26th April. Thank you for your support! We are looking for volunteers for the following stores …